Burman gear box lever

Michel

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Do you know a supplier who sells the lever PR50-50A because the price asked by the VOC Spares is really very very expensive, isn't ?

Michel

VOC Member
And I'm also looking for the right footrest F52 / 13. You understand, yesterday I had a minor accident and the bike went lay on its right side protected by his crashbar. But the gear lever and the footrest are broken. The first drive of the year was not a success :confused:

vibrac

VOC Member
If you get offered a LH one with a bit of ingenuity and a folding pillion footrest off a (say) old Triumph you can have a folding footrest! I have made folding ones both sides for my Comic.
of course if you have lots of garage space and want to stay dead original........
As for the gearbox lever good luck looking for another supplier there are old alloy ones about I keep my eye open at autojumbles

greg brillus

VOC Member
The gear lever should be repairable, and so should the hanger........The genuine "A" hangers just like the post war Comet ones, but the taper is different. Probably quite difficult to find one, unless you re-machine the taper on a post war one. Something to think about .............

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
As the question is in the post war section of the forum, I naturally assumed it was for a series B or C.
If it is for a series A then the gearlever is different to the series C alloy one and should be a chrome plated lever made of either steel or bronze. Also a slightly different shape.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I too assumed it was for a post war bike. If it is for an 'A' and is straight then check with a company called 'Draganfly' I think. Others on here know more about them than I do. They do, or did do, gear levers for Burman gearboxes which are straight. We had the same problem locally when a friend's 'C' Comet was knocked over while parked. Because of the £194 price of a new lever, I got the old one welded up for him for £10. It is a neat and strong job.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
On the Comet Serie A, the lever is straight, right ?
No it dog legs outwards just like the series C, but does not have the upward kink.
Straight lever can be used but you will find you have to ride with your foot slightly twisted towards the engine to reach the lever.

Attachments

• Img_0169.jpg
    Img_0169.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 45