BT-H Coil Mounting

youngjohn

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can anyone post me a picture of how they have mounted the twin coils under the mag cowl when installing a BT-H? The supplied bracket is nowhere near - the coils are side by side and won't fit. It looks to me like they should go one above the other.
Thanks.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Bill, off topic but you ought to post pix here (when it starts working again) of your Special. The photo at the vincent.com isn't enough!

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The first three pictures below are from the BT-H website with possible mounting configurations. The flat stainless bracket is supplied as a starting point and there seem to be many different ideas or personal preferences of how to bend and shape it. The fourth picture is on my own Rapide with the coils vertical. I have since made a very, very short bracket that fixes to the front of the magneto with the coils close, side by side and the HT leads pointing vertically. Gives a nice exit run for the leads and no wires in the way when changing the oil filter. (Can't at the moment find a picture of the last described configuration.)

coils3.jpg coils2.jpg coils1.jpg coils4.jpg

Can anyone post me a picture of how they have mounted the twin coils under the mag cowl when installing a BT-H? The supplied bracket is nowhere near - the coils are side by side and won't fit. It looks to me like they should go one above the other.
Thanks.

vibrac

VOC Member
Too Hot?
I stuck my 4 coils (twin plug racer) high up under the tank in front of the carb
never gave any problems
and it can get very hot in the track paddock waiting to go to the start grid

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I found it simpler to have two coils mounted under the cowl and the other two mounted under the front of the petrol tank on the F47/3 engine mounting bolt. I made two small right angle brackets and trapped one either side between the ET154 spigot not and the 198 lock nut.
coil1.jpg

Can we can an pic of the 4 coils mount.
Thanks