Bruce Mc Nair

Thundercloud

Forum User
VOC Member
I own a nice 1949 Rapide engine formerly the property of the late Bruce Mc Nair.
Around 1957 /58 a number of young men connected with the Coventry motor industry lived at No. 3 Binley Road in that city. Names well known to Vincent owners down the years such as George Spence, Neville Higgins, John McDonald, the late Chris Chandler and I believe Bruce Mc Nair to name a few.
Bruce is no longer alive but I would like to know something of him. I know he spent perhaps the last 25 years of his life in France but that is about all. The Binley Road connection is interesting too, young men and their girlfriends, living independent lives and playing with Vincents when they were cheap and available and before the Japanese invasion. In this age of almost universal third level education young people can enjoy freedom from family and background to develop and grow, in those far off days things were very different and many would have been envious of those free spirits at No. 3 , with jobs and careers to develop and good futures ahead of them.
I hope some of you can add to this story and develop this colourful period in Vincent history.
Best wishes to all
Thunderclouds