Bruce Flood Thane

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm sorry to report that Bruce died yesterday after a fall and some complications. Many of the older member will remember Bruce as one of the characters of the Club. At one time with his series 'A' single and then with his post war Comet. He was a strong concourse contender with the 'A' and won several rally prizes with it. With his fund of maritime stories and tales of daring do he was often known as 'Captain Blood Stain' to his many friends and most of us in the South East will have memories of Bruce at various rallies. He had endured poor health for some years and yet, with the aid of Paul Champion, had made the effort to get to Kent and Sussex club nights over the last few months, the last as recently as two weeks ago.
At the moment my information is that there will be no formal funeral but if this changes then I will post the details here.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I am very sorry to read this Norman. Bruce was a great character and loved his Vincents.

I was a lad of about thirteen when I first met him, so forty seven years ago. It was probably at one of the rallies like Ardingly where he was displaying his Series A and my father was doing likewise with his 1931 Python Sports Vincent. There was some rivalry between them for the show's prizes.

I also remember him on marshalling duties at Brighton Speed Trials giving the A some stick between the sprint class sessions.

R.I.P Bruce

Debbie Kemp

VOC Member
RIP Bruce. You will forever have pride of place in my childhood memories, doing endless laps around the Hever rally field to give each of us "kids" a pillion ride.