Brough Superior 680 OHV

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
We're spoiled by Vincent twins.
I rode a supposedly "hot 650 Triumph" awhile back and it was same, no guts.

Glen

It always seemed to me that the majority of the hot 650 Triumphs were slower than stock. Reminds me of a fellow who did some flat track racing on a 650 and did quite well. Everyone wondered what magical things he had done to the engine. Basically a stock blueprinted engine that wasn’t grossly over carbureted etc.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Dad bought a B-S 680 in 1947/8 paid a fiver (£5) for it. Reckoned it was all its money. Swapped it for a bradford van, was convinced he got the better part of the deal. Put the rose coloured specs back in their case, it's just another old bike, only now older.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I tend to agree with Roy, most other bikes are a disappointment when compared to a nice running Vincent, even modern ones I have found, the two most recent modern bikes I have owned were a BMW R100R Classic and a Yamaha FJ1200ABS, neither of those bikes were liked very much by either myself, but far more importantly by my pillion passenger, I think if a choice had to be made between me or the Vincent, Sue would choose to keep the Vincent any day.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
All stories true. Ride it like as in the 20-30ies
But have to say,
It a very nice looking thing, specially with that Bentley and Draper frame.
I guess G. Brough had the same qualities as mr Vincent;
Set up a prosperous company, that needs more or less all qualities... I like that fact.

And that A twin is not roaring arround