Brough Superior 680 OHV

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I guess the Panther was his grocery getter. I remember it clearly....not much of a hack, just a flat platform for hauling whatever. We met at his house and he took my brother and me to his secret stash house. I drew the short straw and got to play monkey. Don’t recall any hand holds other that the exhaust pipe. He was probably having a laugh at my expense. Kid from the colonies with eyes like dinner plates. Don’t recall the Sunbeam or Vincents, but the place was full. I do recall we were having a look at a rather large JAP V twin engine. It was a thing of beauty.

Wasn’t long after I got the ride with Jim, that I ran into Mr. Attrill who happened to need a new monkey. He let me down gently.... apparently I was too short.

Last edited:

sidmadrid

VOC Member
I don’t think it’s the cylinder studs breaking, it’s more the barrels snap in half.
They are the same frame and cycle parts as the ss80 but just the smaller engine. Are you in the Brough Cub? There are two SS80s in this months comic for £85k each.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Someone has fixed my flag to Holland, nice.
I have been in Quarantaine for 2 days only. It is a very nice bike indeed.
And he has had new cylinders made up, so alls allright.
IMG_20200829_143946.jpg

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Don't keep us in suspense Vincent, do you now own this bike, can we expect you to start defiling Vincent events by turning up on it?

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Not yet Guys.
As Mr Simon says, do your due diligence resurch. So will call with mr Leatherdale

But for sure it needs some better brakes.
I couldn't make it skidd on wet grass. Brakes fully on.

But luckily its 7 inch diameter