Breakdowns in one year?

pifinch

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hiya could not quote Graham properly for some reason but "Rides in 2009 - Series 'C' Comet=0. Series 'B' Meteor=2. Breakdowns=2.?"
Is this really two breakdowns in four days? Is this the new version of 60 rides in 1 year? Does everytime I kick my bike & it does not start count as a breakdown? can I claim the prize now?

G

Graham Smith

Breakdowns 2009

1. New Year's Day. Breakdown and recovery by The AA.

2. 4th January. On my way to John and Dawn Kennedy's house (it was bl***y freezing). It had just got dark. When I left home, my lights were bright and shiney. By the time I got to the M25, I would have been better off with candles. I then decided to turn round and head for home. The battery by this point had just enough power to keep the coil going. A couple of miles down the road, I thought I was going to get stranded, so I switched the lights off, and finished the rest of the journey with no lights!

On closer inspection at home, it would appear the alternator belt had snapped, but I think the battery is 'knackered' as well!

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Didn't One Track advocate riding with no lights? Perhaps a bit closer to the Summer Solstice?

G

Graham Smith

Yes, it was a bit 'hairy' going home last night without any lights!

Luckily there's a few street lights where I live.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Coils, Alternator's and belts - what kind of Vincent?

Hi Graham,

Have you finally got that heavily modified Shadow back on the road? Coil, Alternator and belt - it's not 1st of April is it?

Happy New Year to you and the family by the way.

I was out on the Vincent on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day but have not yet ridden 2009 roads (Harley on Saturday, sorry).

See you soon.

Stuart

1. New Year's Day. Breakdown and recovery by The AA.

2. 4th January. On my way to John and Dawn Kennedy's house (it was bl***y freezing). It had just got dark. When I left home, my lights were bright and shiney. By the time I got to the M25, I would have been better off with candles. I then decided to turn round and head for home. The battery by this point had just enough power to keep the coil going. A couple of miles down the road, I thought I was going to get stranded, so I switched the lights off, and finished the rest of the journey with no lights!

On closer inspection at home, it would appear the alternator belt had snapped, but I think the battery is 'knackered' as well!