• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Brand new Series A's now available

dommy2

Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hi all, Has anyone seen or purchased one of the brand new series A singles or twins as advertised in the Old Bike Mart by The Norvin Centre? Am curious as how they compare with the real deal.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Hi all, Has anyone seen or purchased one of the brand new series A singles or twins as advertised in the Old Bike Mart by The Norvin Centre? Am curious as how they compare with the real deal.

I expect the clutches will work this time round
If only there were enough people still racing in the pre war class we could go back to Cadwell and win this time to honor Ginger Woods..
unfortunately we are too late, last time I looked there were only 2, the rest seem to be 'show only'

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I tried to see if they had a website, but couldn't find any. Does anyone have a link?

Albervin

VOC Member
How much are they? I know of several people who may have been involved in the manufacture of these machines. Mainly Australian based unless this is another venture.
When I first heard of it the proposed pricing was somewhat over $100,000 each.

Albervin

VOC Member
Greg, note I said "somewhat over....." Isn't one of these bikes going to a Qld. member?

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi there Alyn, Actually 2 of, that i know about, of a total of 6 or 7 complete bikes and 3 engines in various build varieties.....and not necessarilly "ALL" Series A either......that will make some of you scratch your heads.....Try a series A bottom end with a post war top end twin......Not unlike the prewar speedway engine, but as a twin not the 500 single......All you series A chaps will all be chomping at the bit to see one of these......Greg.

Albervin

VOC Member
Greg, speedway engine was post war (think about it) :) So, what are the possibilities of a new "hot" cam for my "A"? My bike had TT forks back in 1959 but disappeared sometime in the '60s, wouldn't mind another set....

greg brillus

VOC Member
Hi again Alyn, Well it sounds like you need to speak to Neal Videan......Not sure what profile of cams they have chosen for the twins, and i think the forks are the Webb pattern ones made by....is it Ray Daniels in the UK....Were the Webb forks the TT version you are talking about..?. Sorry i am not as familiar with the pre war bikes as of yet, but i have a 1939 Comet to carry out a total resto on, when i get around to it........amongst all the others in the queue. Greg.

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Photos from the 2022 North American Rally

Photos from the 2022 Annual Rally

Photos from the 2022 French Rally