Bramptons

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In my parts, I have a Koni w/spring that was supposedly made for Bramptons. It's marked: 76G 1237. Maybe Ikon could make an up to date batch of these too? Should I hold my breath for either or both to be made again?:rolleyes:
Cheers, John
I had mine made, modified & again modified by IKON. It works brilliantly in conjunction with a 21" front wheel. Covered thousands of Km of rough Australian roads with it. It took a while to not swerve around holes & bumps like I did on my "C"! For very fast work the old boys would tape over the tubes of Bramptons to improve aerodynamics. Didn't Rollie Free have brampton forks on his bike?

vincenttwin

VOC Member
crack in bramptons

On cleaning my bike I found a crack on the back left fork leg at the top casting. a bit of rope and a jubliee clip should work fine. I know I should not ride it.it should be on display somewhere

peter

vibrac

VOC Member
WHAT! display !!!!
Hells teeth display a Vincent? get a grip, get it mended and RIDE the damm thing wring its b neck and use up some spares there is nothing that cannot be replaced at less cost than spares for a 10 year old Honda.
The only acceptable display Vincent is the burnt out one in the entrance to the National Motorcycle Museum

Len Matthews

VOC Member
WHAT! display !!!!
Hells teeth display a Vincent? get a grip, get it mended and RIDE the damm thing wring its b neck and use up some spares there is nothing that cannot be replaced at less cost than spares for a 10 year old Honda.
The only acceptable display Vincent is the burnt out one in the entrance to the National Motorcycle Museum

Quite agree about displaying a Vincent. Many years ago, when the National Motorcycle Museum was in the planning stage, someone tried to sell me some raffle tickets to raise funds for it. To bolster their cause they had mounted a small display of machines due to be put in it. This included a nicely restored B Rapide. I asked if that bike was going to be a museum piece. "Oh yes" the man said enthusiastically. "In which case you can stuff your raffle tickets because that bike deserves to be out on the road and enjoyed by someone" was my reply.

Albervin

VOC Member
Show or Ride

In a perfect world there would be some bikes sent to museums by the manufacturer for display & the rest would be used & abused by people like us. In Australia there are several small & not so small motorcycle museums that let people see iconic bikes they would normally never see. I own several bikes that I loan to museums on rotation as I cannot ride all of them at once, especially the vintage & veteran bikes. It is the bikes that are built to display that annoy me, they may have nothing inside the engine for all I know, & they are so shiny with their 2 pack paint that they send the wrong message to the punter. In the old days they used to dip large parts into a paint vat & use a brush on smaller bits! Brit bikes were never built on a true production line (like in Japan or the modern car); the museums of today are sending out the wrong message to Joe Public & it is up to us to put it right. To see how much work we have to do you have to look no further than some of Sammy Miller's abominations!:mad: Oh yes, Bramptons. A delight when they are straight.:D