Brampton modifification with damper?

Oldhaven

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Interesting photos in that the Thornton setup is with an upside down shock compared to the Koni. This allows the use of two long clevises. Vincent, if you have not already seen it, look at the thread "Thornton for Bramptons" from May 2014. If you are to leave the original spring claw on the spindle housing in place, the offset of the bottom mount used by Albervin or the extra long clevis on mine is required. So far, for Brampton use, Dave Molloy supplies a Comet rear coilover with an internal spacer installed to limit travel to what is the standard motion of the girders.

Ron

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
its an good idea, but it will leave the bike with a modern look, and my son says, NO DAD dont do it thsi time,(ve got two with them very good indeed), and i was just looking for that old look, therefor i like this monroe or Koni .

Oldhaven

VOC Member
its an good idea, but it will leave the bike with a modern look, and my son says, NO DAD dont do it thsi time,(ve got two with them very good indeed), and i was just looking for that old look, therefor i like this monroe or Koni .

That makes sense for this mostly original B. Since you have to fabricate the lower mount anyway maybe you can make it like the WM type and hook over the spring claw in addition to the headlamp stay lug and make a separate mount for the headlight stays. I like the upper rubber pivot idea too. I used a 12mm stud for the top mount, but a smaller one with a rubber bush would probably be OK.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ron