Brampton modifification with damper?

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Great, Great, So i can put the top bolt in a rubber take up, to facillitate the little offset when the pivots turn in and out

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Do not touch this motorcycle. Step away from the motorcycle. If this bike is as original as it looks then leave it alone. Give it a wipe over with an oily rag and ride it. Oh, fit a V3 seat (about as close to original as you will get) to replace that puffy repo and enjoy it. There are far tooooo many shiny Vincents out there cooped up in sheds and garages not being used. Far to many.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
no guys, it has been restored 25 jrs ago with a dull powder coating. Pictures fool you. I will leave it a standard as possible, but i got to drive it, hence some mods. anyone got some spare cad. plated nuts and bolts?

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
I have been riding my B with standard Bramptons for 3 years and 20,000 miles. I'm happy with it. Get the magneto and generator overhauled with an electronic regulator in the standard case. These will give you reliability for ever day riding.

Albervin

VOC Member
I have a modified coil over Koni on my B Rap and it is the most delightful bike to ride. I also have a damper (standard) on the rear. IKON assisted in getting the front unit sorted over 10 years ago now.
Top mount is where the spring normally mounts and bottom mount is the headlight stay lug. Ridden on some rough roads with no problems.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I have a modified coil over Koni on my B Rap and it is the most delightful bike to ride. I also have a damper (standard) on the rear. IKON assisted in getting the front unit sorted over 10 years ago now.
Top mount is where the spring normally mounts and bottom mount is the headlight stay lug. Ridden on some rough roads with no problems.
Albervin, I think this subject has cropped up before, are you able to give detailed instructions on how you modified your Koni, what spring was used, how was it attached to the Koni, what spring strength are you using, what modifications did you make to the top and bottom mounts, did you change any of the damper internals, I do have the correct Front Koni for girdraulic forks, I presume that it would be OK for the Brampton fork, sorry for all the questions, but I am not an engineer and would probably need to get someone that is to do this work for me.
Cheers Peter

Albervin

VOC Member
These were taken prior to fitting. I will take some photos of it on the bike soon and post.
DSC00001.jpg
DSC00002.jpg
DSC00003.jpg
DSC00004.jpg
DSC00005.jpg
DSC00006.jpg
DSC00007.jpg
DSC00008.jpg