FF: Forks Brampton Coil Over Shocks

oexing

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Would you like to post photos of your coil over set here ? I found a few versions here but not sure if your type was seen here before . I´d be very interested in the bracketry on the lower end and how it´s done. I am thinking of an air shock type so no actual customer of your project.

Vic

bmetcalf

VOC Member
Alyn, can you wait until your announcement can appear in the September MPH? You might get more interested folks.

Albervin

VOC Member
What I will do is have a prototype made and confirm it is the same as mine. I will fit it and if any changes need to be made it will be all ready for a batch manufacture. I will proceed initially with ten units. This is what my unit looks like.
DSC00001.jpeg

Albervin

VOC Member
To say I surprised by this early interest is an understatement. I will also check with IKON for a warranty, not that I expect any problems but it will give you guys a bit of comfort to have some back-up. It looks like the first batch is going to be a lot bigger than my initial thoughts of six!! I have e-mailed MPH to place an advert or article in the September issue and will also put the information on the VOC FB page.
I have just spoken to the owner of IKON and he said there will be a warranty of 12 months. He also said that if I order twenty or more units the price will drop substantially. Bear in mind their standard Vincent shock absorbers sell for about AUD$300 in Australia. YOU will have to work out for yourselves any duty/taxes you have to pay. ALSO... IKON are flat out at the moment and they cannot see a batch production happening before late 2020 or early 2021. Such is the way of prototyping and testing. I am just trying to supply as much information as I can so prospective buyers know what the situation is. If you have any questions then please ask and I will do my best to give an accurate answer.

Last edited: