Brake linings...

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I think, but I am not 100% sure, that I require 8mm thick brake linings for the brakes that I purchased from Erich Kruse...Does anyone know of a source for linings this thick?.. There is only one source of linings here in Winnipeg - and he supplies only linings for trucks and cars - and max thickness of .25", or 6.35mm

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
Bob, you might try Vintage Brake in the US. I got some of the good green Ferodo linings from them a few years ago. They might not have been quite that thick though.

Glen

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I require linings 5mm thick...and have discovered that suitable linings are not suited to being bonded, they must be riveted...Vintage Brake has a 4 month turnaround..so much for riding the beast this year, Thank heavens for a second bike in he garage..

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I require linings 5mm thick...and have discovered that suitable linings are not suited to being bonded, they must be riveted...Vintage Brake has a 4 month turnaround..so much for riding the beast this year, Thank heavens for a second bike in he garage..
Ive got some on hand that you could use and replace later if that helps

Glen

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I wish I had known that the new drums had a larger i.d than stock before I bought them..I have not measured them to see how much larger they are yet..
Glen - thats a very kind & generous offer..I have asked the spares company to measure the thickness of their linings..buying new, lined shoes might be my fastest option - if available.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I searched the saftek site for an email address...some days it really sucks to live in the colonies