brake light switch

erik

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
i am new in vincents !and so i have my next question.on my comet the whole brake switch assembly was missing .the vsc send me the switch with the spring but the small bracket on the brakerod is missing ,too.does anybody knows the part no.?is it still availible?thanks erik

greg brillus

VOC Member
Eric the part you need is FT 177 and the set screw that goes with it is FT188 which is a 2 BA fine threaded screw that allows you to adjust the FT 177 along the brake rod to get the correct tension on the switch spring. Cheers............Greg.

bmetcalf

VOC Member

timetraveller

VOC Member
It is in a completely different format. Each page laminated and with the parts number and description on the back of each page so that when open one has the graphics and part descriptions, numbers etc. open at the same time. It is a remarkable piece of work and definitely worth buying. There were a few errors in the first editions which were corrected on separate sheets so you need to find out whether new ones are issued with the corrections now included or whether you have to buy the corrected sheets and clip them in as replacements for the ones with errors. There is at least still one omission/error.