bottom gear

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I rarely watch Top Gear the thought of doing anything to enhance the reputation of the big guy who patently has a big chip on his shoulder where motorcycles are concerned keeps me away. however I had to watch when I heard Matt Leblanc (a well know motorcycle fan ) had taken top honor's in the celebrity track session in the 'reasonably priced car', sure enough Clarkson glossed over the bike part just as he had done with other fans before.
But I take quiet satisfaction in another example of good motorcycle riders make short work of car driving:p

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Dear Tim,
Your comments about LeBlanc and the glossing over of motor cycle content confirms my opinion of "Bottom Gear". The last time I watched it was because there was some Vincent content. It was better for the mention and a few shots of Hammond on a Vincent but it was light weight, contrived and only just above the usual dross. That may sound a little vitriolic so on a more positive note I accept the programme is light entertainment for the masses, not a serious motoring show. In that context I'm sure the audience find it entertaining. It is probably good that there is no motor cycle content, just think of the damage they would do to the image of motor cycling.

I rarely watch Top Gear the thought of doing anything to enhance the reputation of the big guy who patently has a big chip on his shoulder where motorcycles are concerned keeps me away. however I had to watch when I heard Matt Leblanc (a well know motorcycle fan ) had taken top honor's in the celebrity track session in the 'reasonably priced car', sure enough Clarkson glossed over the bike part just as he had done with other fans before.
But I take quiet satisfaction in another example of good motorcycle riders make short work of car driving:p

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
the BBC should do a test on Clarkson if he got of his high horse to have a look at it it might bring common sense back in the programme

Howard

VOC Member
Love him or hate him, he gets talked about. Some say …………….. he’s even discussed on the VOC Forum.

H