Bonhams Las Vegas Auction

Somer

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
THIS GOES TO SHOW THAT YOU'VE BEEN WASTEING YOUR MONEY ON GARAGES.LEAVE THEM OUTSIDE IN THE ELEMENTS,THEY'LL BRING MORE IN THE END.:mad:

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Strikes me that auctioneers are related to Q C's -they only beleive ther clients, for my money they're all a bunch of B'stards! Be careful out there.

Somer

VOC Member
Well in their defense, they certainly can't go out and research 500 bikes. Typically if their is a pretty big error , they will stand behind the buyer.

Albervin

VOC Member
Well it seems the buyers knew the rules!!! :) The touring Rapide sold for $42,000 (estimate $45-$55,000) and the top bid on the B "Shadow" was $77,500. There have been a few Vincents with "unusual" history come up for auction lately (in Australia and USA) and all have been identified before the sales happened. It is only because of the VOC and its members that potential buyers have been spared considerable monetary anguish.

Somer

VOC Member
Touring rapide was a sweet deal.Fresh motor.Most of the enamel was nice original.Original hardware too

Albervin

VOC Member
Seems there were a few good buys there. A lot of bikes sold for below the low estimate and there were a lot (?) passed in. The Brough sold for nearly $100,000 below estimate. The market has either dropped or the estimates were optimistic. The lot I bought was at mid estimate.

Somer

VOC Member
Hi, Somer, so when was the last time any auction house backed you up after a "dodgy"sale?

Me, never. I never got in one.That being said, I have seen others have to take back their vehicles. 1st hand observation.
have you been stiffed by an auction house?

Somer

VOC Member
Seems there were a few good buys there. A lot of bikes sold for below the low estimate and there were a lot (?) passed in. The Brough sold for nearly $100,000 below estimate. The market has either dropped or the estimates were optimistic. The lot I bought was at mid estimate.

Depends on the sales there.one had a paucity of bidders but some good buys.It is all a matter of discipline.

Somer

VOC Member
I should have added that if you read the fine print, the transaction is between buyer/ seller, typically. Auction company is the facilitator. Otherwise kind of like going after MPH because a because a bike was mis-represented.