Bonhams Las Vegas Auction

vincenttwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Eric

Fix that oil leak on your Vincent , that should keep quite for a while. I tried to fix the one's on my A 20 years later it still leaks.
Peter

Ducdude

VOC Member
Eric

Fix that oil leak on your Vincent , that should keep quite for a while. I tried to fix the one's on my A 20 years later it still leaks.
Peter

Hey Peter,

The Shadow is still down with a very ill motor...I seized the front cylinder and once apart there were a host of other issues..... This motor needs a lot of internal TLC. The motor is in the hands of a pro as I reached my skill limit once the cases needed to be fixed. All that aside what I have left does not leak a bit of oil..LOL

Cheers,
Eric

davidd

VOC Member
The Roper is the real deal. Owned by a friend who was the Vincent guru in New England.

David

Vince Farrell

VOC Member
From what I can see there are actually 3 auctions that weekend in Las Vegas.
1) Bonhmans with a Black Shadoww, a Black Prince, a Comet and a Rapide
2) Auctions America with a Black Shadow and a Rapide (as described by Eric)
3) Mid America Auctions with 4 Comets, a Black Shadow and a Rapide.

Thats a lot of Vincents in one weekend.

After looking at some of the descriptions of Vincents in the three auctions in Las Vegas shortly, I think prospective buyers should be alert and very careful.

If the history provided seems a bit unlikely, it probably is. One in particular defies belief; all you have to do is ask the auction house for proof of the claims made.

Vince Farrell – VOC Machine Researcher

Albervin

VOC Member
I like the idea of the engine being returned to the "factory" in 1970 and having new HRD crankcases fitted and re-stamped.LOL.