Bonhams Las Vegas 2016

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Lot #183 is a barn find Shadow, "recently removed from long-term storage in a historic foundry in northern California where it had been stored indefinitely". Sold for $57,500 including premium.

Does anyone know if that would be the Knight Foundry in Sutter Creek, CA? We had a Vincent and Vines rally that went there, and had a nice tour of the facility. At that time, it had just stopped operating as a business, or was about to stop, and was later converted to a working museum.

My memory is terrible, did they know a group of Vincent owners was there for a tour, and show us the bike?

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
In the LaBelle thread, I asked about the catalog listing for the B Shadow, whether it had a typo or not.

Definitely a typo, the 752 bike is the unrestored B Rapide, lot number 207. The photos for the B Shadow, lot number 108, do not match the catalog listing saying engine 752, frame 2742, the engine number is hard to read, maybe 1563, and in the UFM picture, I can't see numbers at all.

The catalog listing for the B Rapide lot number 207 is also wrong, saying engine 1752, but the photos show the number as 752 and the frame as 2742.