Bonhams Auction on Sunday

G

Graham Smith

Graham,

How about sharing the information with other club members. Can you tell us what it cost and what profit the club made?

Vic

Although I'm on the Club Executive Committee, the Club's 'new' Black Shadow isn't really anything to do with me - ie, not part of my job specification.

I'm sure Tim Kirker, Andrew Everett, Paul Adams or Dick Wheeldon will be writing something for MPH in June.

johncrispin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I am getting that creepy sensation of gloating over prices again.
Q(1) when did you last see a Brough being ridden on the road??
Q(2) Does the sort of person who pays £52k for a nice original Shadow join the club ride it and get it wet and dirty?
Q(3) How does the modern motorcyclist, who is, say, below the age of 50 get to want buy at that sort of cost, a 55 bhp living legend of liability, join the club and ensure the future of the marque on the road ?

My answers
Q1, one of our VMCC pals rides his lovely '28 680 Brough quite often, but that is the only one I have seen out and about
Q2, I would guess highly unlikely
Q3 No chance
Any more optimistic ( but realistic)answers would cheer me up no end

G

Graham Smith

£52k for a 'C' Shadow?!

Maybe Russell was right, and I might have to rethink my £15k insurance on mine!

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
£52k for a 'C' Shadow?!

Maybe Russell was right, and I might have to rethink my £15k insurance on mine!

It may have returned to that era where people were buying vehicles for their superannuation funds. I have one motorcycle in my fund (not a Vincent) but there are people in Australia who have increased the prices of (Australian made) Ford Falcon GTHOs from about $80,000 to $650,000!!!! in less than 3 years. It is fraught with danger but some of this money comes from illicit business (drugs) & is a form of money laundering. I do not imply that is happening with any recent sales of Vincents but there is always a possibility.
Meanwhile, as the stock market goes down, house prices go down & currencies go down there is growth in the "Boy's Toys" sector!;)