Bonhams Auction on Sunday

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Nice Shadow in Bonhams catalogue.Lot 506

http://www.bonhams.co.uk

But look at Lot 505,the Brough, and we think Vincents are expensive :eek:

The Club Shadow is Lot 522. Another Shadow Lot 548. Egli Lot 549, Series A Comet Lot 560, Comet Lot 555, Meteor Lot 565, Rapide Lot 566, Touring Rapide Lot 620, Comet Lot 626.

I will try and keep my hand down!

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
Broughs & Vincents

If you compare Apples with Apples i.e a pre war Rapide & an SS100 you might get a different picture. I would suggest a very good "A" Rapide would sell for close to £140,000. Just see what the "A" singles go for! I paid 10% for my "A" Comet compared to what has been offered for a "local" "A" Rapide.....:) They both have their imperfections but are good going machines in close to original spec.

naulahka

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The Motorcycle as Art.

Only two years ago an SS100 complete with Steib sold at Bonhams/Butterworths in Sydney for $75,000 Australian,this looks to have been a shrewd investment if the Stafford prices are anything to go by.

Comet Rider

VOC Member
Club's/VOCSC Shadow

I had the oportunity to have a look at the club/spares co shadow today, and I must say I was not impressed.

Not very clean, also showing signs of rust on various fastners.:eek:

By comparison a restored Shadow next to it showed it up, as it was immaculate.:rolleyes:

PaulB

VOC Member
It would be a great shame if the club Shadow has been presented for auction in anything less than pristine condition.

Paul

Albervin

VOC Member
Brough vs Vincent

Only two years ago an SS100 complete with Steib sold at Bonhams/Butterworths in Sydney for $75,000 Australian,this looks to have been a shrewd investment if the Stafford prices are anything to go by.
True to a point. This Brough (in Sydney) wasn't a 2 of everything model & certainly not in the same condition. Which is like the difference between an average Rapide & an immaculate Shadow. The other gain would be the difference in exchange rates between 2006 & now. In 2006 the $75,000 was £31,000 now it is £37,000. Still, rather silly nevertheless.... Wait for the hammer to fall first.;)

barrys

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
club shadow

i see it made 30K less commision and vat about 26K then. i was told by a club "official" it cost 30k to build it.

Last edited:
G

Graham Smith

i see it made 30K less commision and vat about 26K then. i was told by a club "official" it cost 30k plus to build it.

I'm sure there'll be an article in MPH in the coming months.

However, don't believe all the rumours you hear, as they're generally not true!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Youel

Non-VOC Member
Club Shadow

Graham,

How about sharing the information with other club members. Can you tell us what it cost and what profit the club made?

Vic

VinParts

Non-VOC Member
Prices.

Just back form a busy two days at the show.
Some prices for you all.
Real Shadow £52K
Club Shadow £30K
Egli Twin £16K
'A' Comet (mint) £23K
51 Comet £91/2K
The Brough SS100 went for a record £150K

Russ