Bob Dunn

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Irene just received this last night (27th).
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 12.34.10.png

eglijim

VOC Member
As far as know , Bob's funeral is at Bolton crematorium 3.15 next Monday , 2nd Aug, I have no idea whether public or family & friends but I am sure Glyn will be able to provide further details on request.

Black Flash

VOC Member
That is really bad news.
I knew him for 30 odd years only and liked him very much. Despite having to wait for my engine 18 years.
He was a great engineer and always helpful. His expertise will be missed.
My condolences go to Maureen.

Bernd

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
He's done some very quick turn rounds for me when I've troubles of my own and didn't have the equipment to do it myself.
Maureen my dear I feel for you. RIP Bob although I never met you thank you for being there when I needed you.

vibrac

VOC Member
i called on him many times at Coggra Farm I remember him calling out instructions on where to walk and where to turn to pick a path across the yard thus avoiding the ominous dog on the chain. A good engineer sadly missed

A_HRD

VOC Member
So sad to hear this news. Bob's inability to to organise his workload was hugely offset by his phenomenal engineering talent. Being a patient man, I have used his services over the years and never been disappointed. Another big Vincent name gone. Condolences to Maureen and extended family and friends.

Photo attached, taken by me on 2nd March 2008.

Peter B

Bob Dunns Mar 08 015.jpg

eglijim

VOC Member
i called on him many times at Coggra Farm I remember him calling out instructions on where to walk and where to turn to pick a path across the yard thus avoiding the ominous dog on the chain. A good engineer sadly missed
Luckily, no canine snarling beasts at Lowercroft, visiting Bob at Coggra Fold was always an " experience" for the uninitiated when one of the dogs ( direct descendants from Cerberus ?) launched themselves at you from a hole in the wall only brought up short by a length of ex Titanic anchor chain, if you were fortunate. Sadly I will be unable to attend his funeral as totally tied up elsewhere in the country and in addition have just suffered a very personal family bereavement this week. I did luckily manage to visit and speak to Maureen two weeks ago while Bob was still in hospital and supposedly recovering.

Gordon Ryley

VOC Member
Luckily, no canine snarling beasts at Lowercroft, visiting Bob at Coggra Fold was always an " experience" for the uninitiated when one of the dogs ( direct descendants from Cerberus ?) launched themselves at you from a hole in the wall only brought up short by a length of ex Titanic anchor chain, if you were fortunate. Sadly I will be unable to attend his funeral as totally tied up elsewhere in the country and in addition have just suffered a very personal family bereavement this week. I did luckily manage to visit and speak to Maureen two weeks ago while Bob was still in hospital and supposedly recovering.