Bob Dunn Contact ?

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Poor Old Bob, Must be "Off an Age " Now ?,
He did my L/ning rep', Over 40 years ago !,
It's still going , I think ?, I will tell you when it stops Bloody Raining !.

Black Flash

VOC Member
It is really a pity that "Sir Bob," as I used to call him, is not well.
I can only praise his work and yes one engine took 18 years (yes years not days, weeks or months) to be finished. My brother had enough bikes at that time, so it didn't matter too much.
I am not sure if Bob is on the forum, but I will certainly use the chance to send my regards and hope he is having a good time and -hopefully- enjoying a glass of single Malt.

Cheers Bob
Bernie

Bikerjoan

VOC Member
'Uncle Bob' did a fantastic job on my A Meteor engine, Id like him to know its still going well.

He did have it longer than we both expected & yes I did send the engine a birthday card after two years but we are both living happily ever after !

Last edited:

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I was in Bob's some 15 or so years ago (still on the farm with the dogs) and passed a remark about the length of time some jobs seem to take. He told me with I think some pride, pointing to a Comet engine looking very finished and sitting by the door, "the owner is coming to get that tomorrow, I've had it for 39 years!"

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Maybe if it runs for 39 years with nothing other than routine maintenance, it is worth it???

Joe

Forum User
VOC Member
according to records my recently acquired Rapid`s restauration with Bob doing the engine took 5 Years till it hit the road in 1995 - that the was even quick then -:)

Mikeant

Forum User
VOC Member
Sad to read the above. I met Bob when he was just starting out. Gave him my gap bed Colchester lathe in exchange for the work he did on my Rapide heads. Given my age now he must be in his mid 70s by now I would guess. He had a corner of Dave Lindsley's workshop up Bolton way in early 1977. He lived up at Entwhistle.