BMS - Vincent HRD motorcycles 1947 to 1955 Workshop Manual

Spqreddie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Dear All,

Bruce Main Smith publication: Vincent HRD motor/cycles 1947 to 1955 Workshop Manual, it's the reprint of some older material or is a stand alone book? who was the author?

it complements and comlete the riders hand book, instruction sheets, Richardson and Stevens books? or there is not much new information?

Thanks!
Edmondo

bmetcalf

VOC Member
It is original writing, but uses some of the same illustrations, and is slimmer than Richardson.

Attachments

• BMS.jpg
    BMS.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 26

Albervin

VOC Member
There are several editions out there. Originally it was published by Temple Press (publishers of Motor Cycling) as part of a series of general maintenance manuals for motorcycles. I think Bruce Main Smith wrote it and used illustrations from the Temple Press archives. BMS then obtained a licence to republish under the BMS banner. I have a 1960 edition which is a Temple Press booklet and a 1973 edition which is a BMS one. As far as I can tell there are no updates, alterations etc. Even the print font seems the same. Only difference is the cover (design and colours), my early Temple Press booklet is blue and white with price of 3s 6D Net (3/6 or 18P). Nice to have but hasn't been of any great use hence no greasy fingerprints on them.