Blimey! good news for once

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member

vibrac

VOC Member
Olivers Mount is not a public road Thundersprint competition part was in a car park Parade was on public roads
(you can use an unlicensed vehicle on public roads with certain permissions or close a road and use it as a paddock) Kop hill (where an accident originally caused the ban in 1927) is not a closed road a brave sole could theoretically come down the hill! speed limits apply bikes must be road worthy silencers and et al

Dingocooke

Non-VOC Member
Didn't know that! I read in a number of places that it was public roads, and I certainly got a Police caution there in 1979 as a nutty 18 year old doing 'un official practice' on my RD350!
Maybe I should of told him to go away :)

More confusion here-
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com/Oliver's-Mount,-Scarborough.php
'The circuit, England’s remaining public roads circuit, is situated on the South side of the North Yorkshire town just off the Filey Road, the A165. Use Deepdale Avenue leading to the main spectator entrance in Jackson’s Lane.'

I see what you mean about the racing shots at the thunder sprint, I can see the parking spaces now!!

Cheers
Steve

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The place to ask questions about anything relating to the Vincent HRD owners club or Vincent HRD motorcycles:)
Thank you Max but as you are not a moderator or webmaster please refrain from such actions.