Blast!!!!

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I had just exited the expressway this morning on the way to work and suddenly the bike started to handle like a drunk pig!o_O I had to wrestle off the road and into the parking lot at work. The tire had lost all its air.:eek: The good news and blessing is I was off the expressway.:) The bad news was I had to call for the truck of shame.:( The only thing I could see wrong was there appears to be a small nick taken out of center tread about 1/4" long and half as wide. I suspect something punctured the tire and was then either flung out or is embedded below the surface of the tread. Not the way I had envisioned the day going.:(
Steven

Robert Watson

VOC Member
3 years ago climbing Shasta about 70 mph on I 5 two up with luggage when we had the same issue. Managed to get shut down and off on a large gravel "layby". Inner tube split on the inner seam. When travelling away from home I pack spare inner tubes and all the required paraphernalia. 1/2 hour rest and back on the road again

Not a Good feeling but glad you kept it upright........

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Gentlemen,
Undoubtedly you are correct the best part was remaining up right and uninjured, it very much could have been tragic. So I am very thankful for that mercy.
I inspected the tire and took this photo of the only damage I could find before the bike was loaded on the truck of shame. When the bike was back as home to make it easier to move the bike from the drive to the garage I thought I would inflate the tire, then after moving it wash some soapy water over and see if the damage was in fact the leak. I didn't need soapy water. No sooner did I try and inflate the tire than the air came rushing out. It doesn't look like much, but it has a big affect.
Steven

Attachments

• IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37