Black Widow

Rob H

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I did not realise we were such a snobby bunch!

So rare was the Widow, that many Vincent owners - certainly one of the snobbiest. most effete and opinionated groups in existence - will try to tell you it never existed.

Colin

VOC Member
That's easy Bill. A standard Comet was sold to a bloke called Hayley. Now Hayley had some connection with the space industry, and whilst experimenting with go-faster goodies supplied by a Mr. Nasa, he hit on some tuning parts from a crashed Black Widow. On fitting these the Comet reached asteroidal speeds and was last seen streaking across a night sky. It's a well-known fact, and everyone has heard of Hayleys (Halley's Ed) Comet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
This is a Black Widow Lightning. You can tell as it has red on the fuel tank.
Screenshot_20210416-141835_DuckDuckGo.jpg

highbury731

VOC Member
This is the 'Engine and Frame Number, DVLA' section. I am most [COLOR=#00000]perturbed that no-one has established the correct engine number prefix of the Black Widow. Of course, following strict VOC confidentiality rules, the actual engine and frame numbers (UFM and RFM)[/COLOR] can not be disclosed publicly.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
This is the 'Engine and Frame Number, DVLA' section. I am most [COLOR=#00000]perturbed that no-one has established the correct engine number prefix of the Black Widow. Of course, following strict VOC confidentiality rules, the actual engine and frame numbers (UFM and RFM)[/COLOR] can not be disclosed publicly.
I can divulge the following:
Genuine Stevenage made Vincent Black Shadow engine number prefix: F10AB/1B/
Suspect unknown location made Black Widow engine number prefix: FAKE/1B/

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Sounds to me like a Vincent Factory Secret ?, Area 51 ??, Lost records ?
We have all heard that one !.

Someone caught me trying to start my ex L/ning rep', Asked if it was an Old BSA !,
And would it start ?.
So who would know ?.

Colin

VOC Member
Sorry Graham. This was Bill Hayley of "Rock around the Clock" fame (you are far too young) and the "Clock" was a euphemism for the "world". Fifties Rock and Roll had a lot of hidden meanings which only the afficionados were aware of.

I know these things as "The Dreamland Rendezvous Club Jive Challenge Competition 4-9-59
WINNER
C MANNING"
and I have the medal to prove it.
Not just a pretty face you know, so there.!

Colin

VOC Member
Simon I always thought the number was" FAKE/IT." not 1B
From this I deduce there are more than one Fakirs!