Black Shadow ?

Mickthevin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
It Is A Nice Position To Be In But You May Know I Am In The Process
Of Rebuilding A Genuine Black Shadow - No Probs So Far - The Engine Is Being Built By Mr. Dunn And Will Be Black . The Quandary I Have Is The Colour - I Really Fancy A Chinese Red Shadow . I Know It Will Not Be Original But It Wont Be Up For Sale And It Will Only Be A Coat Of Paint - Any Thoughts Or Comments Welcome

captain vincent

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Vincent political correctness!

It Is A Nice Position To Be In But You May Know I Am In The Process
Of Rebuilding A Genuine Black Shadow - No Probs So Far - The Engine Is Being Built By Mr. Dunn And Will Be Black . The Quandary I Have Is The Colour - I Really Fancy A Chinese Red Shadow . I Know It Will Not Be Original But It Wont Be Up For Sale And It Will Only Be A Coat Of Paint - Any Thoughts Or Comments Welcome

You cannot call it Chinese Red anymore.The new shade is "Far eastern pagoda office door Red".All my bikes are red excluding my shadow which I was going to do red but changed my mind at the last minute,go for it sod the purists and the wind up value would be terrific!.All the arseholes that come up to you when you are filling up with petrol with the usual "My uncle had a shadow,is red the original colour?" oh what fun you can have when cars are driving up lamposts doing a double take

Regards

El Capitano

samueljohn

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Red sheet metal with the Black Engine? Too hot for words. You will be beating them off with a stick. (those that want to touch it, and those that want to strangle you!) Go for it, it is your bike.
J

dave g6xnc

Non-VOC Member
Red!

It may look 'orrible but you should not fear the "purists" as several new bikes were exported to the usa by the factory in chinese red as original finish.
Hope it proves to more reliable than certain other red bikes D,,,,,,,ties!.
dave gs.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
Dear Mick,
You'd have to wonder what was going through someone's mind that would cause them to want to paint a perfectly good motorcycle anything other than black...
Cheers, John

Stripped

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Chorus - UB40's Red Red Wine

Red! Red? whine, throw hands in the air.
Paint one Chinese red, when
Vins should be black.

Red! Red? whine. It’s all up to you.
All you can do, you’ve done
So leave it all black.
No, leave it all black.

A vee twin, engine by Dunn
In anything but black wouldn’t leave his shed.
In eastern pagoda office door red,
The wind up, you can expect.

Red! Red? whine, stay way from that
Purist won’t stand alone, it’ll tear them apart
The black, black marque.

<i>Stripped</i>

Last edited:

Mickthevin

Non-VOC Member
Black/red Shadow

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS REGARDING THE PAINT JOB ON MY TWIN - I
HAVE DECIDED TO PAINT IT CHINESE RED AND QUITE FRANKLY I CAN'T WAIT

I NOW HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION - DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE EXACT
COLOUR IS ie PAINT CODE OR CLASSIFICATION AND ALSO A SOURCE

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

MICK

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Red Vincents

Like red wine there are health benefits: red vincents dilate the blood vessels, particularly of people who prefer black. However if Post Office Red does it for you, so be it. Beware: it's a slippery slope: next it'll be Vincents in DHL orange........