Black Shadow OHU 656

Matt Mckeown

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Here is a picture of a Black Shadow in 1952/3 when it was brand new. My mother (80) showed me this picture recently. The fella on the bike is Brian Carter and was her boyfriend at the time. I thought it may be an interesting bit of info and if the bike is still around the current owner may like a copy of it. My Mum tells me that he bought it new in the Cheltenham area and crashed it about a year later. He sold the bike (what was left of it) for £100 to a friend called Tony Bishop who took it to Canada where he was stationed in the RAF. The photo is copyright.
Vincent mcycle.jpg

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Matt
OHU 656 is a 1951 Black Shadow. The current owner is a VOC member and the bike is located in the UK with its correct engine and frame numbers and still has registration OHU 656 and is listed in the DVLA vehicle search website.

The current owner is in their 80's doesn't appear to do email, so I will print a copy of the photo and post it to them and point them towards this forum discussion.

Simon Dinsdale
VOC Machine Registrar.

Matt Mckeown

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
This picture has significant meaning to me. It was the reason I fell in love with motorbikes in the first place (I was 12 years old when I first saw it) I am 55 now and have just bought a Comet. I would love a Black Shadow so in the unlikely event that the owner wants to sell OHU 656 I would love the opportunity.