Black Shadow Model

ernie

VOC Assistant Secretary
VOC Member
I am just doing the finishing touches to a 1/12 scale model by Revell. I am amazed at the level of detail. I love looking at it almost as much as the real thing in my garage. I have one in an unopened box. Are they still available and for how much?

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I built one up years ago from an original Matchbox kit, and built it as a Lightning, I grafted some pieces of small diameter copper pipe onto the front section of each header pipe so as to replicate the 1 5/8 open pipes, and made my own seat from a piece of Balsa wood covered in masking tape and painted matt black. Looks quite authentic. Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The two models in the background are Matchbox kits which I believe Revell took over the production of.

2014-12-25%2013.09.02_zps1ormqcs2.jpg

Magnetoman

VOC Member
I wanted one of those models for my office after I bought a real one but I didn't want to put it together myself so I hired a kid to assemble it for me. It's what you might call a win-win for both the kid and me.

greg brillus

VOC Member
If he did help you with the real one he might actually learn something.......And that would really be something.......

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I built the plastic kit some time ago, but a couple of house moves and it got roughed up a bit, threw it away. I have one of the metal kits waiting as a project for the future.