Black Shadow Custom

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
and I quote bators website.......no picture showing..For a start - does anyone know if that engine serial no# matches with the claimed 1951 date of manufacture?

One of a kind Vincent Special--the finest custom motorcycle ever built!! A rolling, running work of motorcycle art. True craftsmanship throughout, based on a vintage 1951 Vincent Black Shadow Engine #F10AB/1B/6310 (matching numbers NN79/A22A). This is an orphan engine; the Vincent Owners Club has no record of the original matching frame beyond its delivery to Springfield, MA in the spring of 1951. Nothing has been cut or modified and this engine could be installed in a stock Vincent frame at any time. Please click on the photo for more info on this entry. Selling with title.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Well, no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the general public...That might just be the ugliest thing I've seen in a while.

Bracker1

VOC Member
I tend to agree with you Bob. The custom bike industry needs to go to design and engineering school. They look like they would be ride as poorly as they look. Too bad a Steve Hamel engine had to be sacrificed. Cheers

mercurycrest

VOC Member
The Twin to this bike was at the BUB Meet a few years ago. As far as I can recall, everyone in the Vincent group liked it, I know I did. It was pretty impressive in the flesh. Much nicer than your regular custom whatzits.
Cheers, John

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
Customs, as in the US type breed, are not everyones cuppa. They are certainly not built for how they ride or handle, just how they look. Pure pose machines.
Many of them can be admired for pure craftsmanship and innovation though.