ET: Engine (Twin) Black Shadow ATD

norvinmick

Forum User
VOC Member
solve the problem of the timed breather is to block it of put new breather top exhaust i have one on the rear rocker cover as well with a flap valve on each you wood think that wood do it but no next you take the dynamo or alton generator clean with cellulose and casing all clean put dynamo back in with silicon on both services line up the sprocket on primary chain making shore with a rag to block off round chain so you do not drop nut washer in casing clamp dynamo take sprocket of then fill with mastic dow corning type smelly one this is done because you have moved the dynamo to line up the sprocket seal up outer cover done no more oil leaks the reason why there is a timed breather is i m shore you no that it is trying to get rid of excess air in the sump negative sump pressure if you dont block of all air going to engine it will leak round most oil seals you can by a flattened pipe called a ducks beak fitted on royal enfield by on ebay for about £3.00 not tried it my self it is the same as a flap valve my ones cost £5.00 hope this will help someone

Dynamiteboss

Active Forum User
VOC Member
I took my new ATD apart (very easy), filed on the two large ears (very hard material) until I got 16 degrees of advance (32 at the crankshaft) reassembled everything, installed it on the bike, timed it to 34 degrees at full advance, 2 degrees at start. Hope all works.

I’m now looking for information on the correct routing of all the control cables and wiring for my bike, 1951 Shadow. I have the wiring diagrams, but what path do the control cables and wires take ORIGINALLY to get to from point A to B?

Best regards.

RG