Black Prince

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Had a good day at Sherringham with the Black Prince! P1000506.jpgP1000510.jpg

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Yes John, we took the outfit to Sheringham recently. The North Norlolk Railway were holding a Classic Vehicle event and although we hadn't entered officially we were invited to put our bike in the line-up on the station platform and given complimentary tickets for a ride on the line hauled by Black Prince. A lady member of the footplate crew got down off the loco; she turned out to be a very knowledgable motorcyclist so we had an interesting chat with her.
92203 Black Prince (named after purchase direct from B.R. by wildlife artist David Shepherd) is one of 251 Class 9F freight locomotives built up to 1960. (Eveing Star being the last). Unfortunately, due to the B.R. Modernisation plan and the Beeching cuts most of the class had very short working lives, a tragic waste of excellent locomotives, most of which were built some while after the last Vincent was produced.

ET43

Non-VOC Member
I once managed to upset the curator of the Bugatti musuem at Prescot when having seen what was on display, remarked that the only thing Phil Vincent had not done which he had, was to make a steam train! What really upset me was having to take my shoes off to walk on their precious floor as they didn't want grass clippings all over it. Bloody Prima Donnas' I just love winding up people. ET43

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I once managed to upset the curator of the Bugatti musuem at Prescot when having seen what was on display, remarked that the only thing Phil Vincent had not done which he had, was to make a steam train! What really upset me was having to take my shoes off to walk on their precious floor as they didn't want grass clippings all over it. Bloody Prima Donnas' I just love winding up people. ET43

We had a club run from the Coventry Section earlier this year to Prescott. Didn't have to take our shoes off. The curator was very knowledgeable, gave us an excellent illustrated talk and came out to afterwards to look at the bikes. Maybe it was a different bloke or perhaps his "spring" had not been wound.;-)