Black Lightning rear footrest plates and parts

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Folks

I am helping a member who want to build a Black Lightening replica from his Black Shadow. One thing we are short of is either original Black Lightning rear footrest plates to copy or decent dimensioned drawings. If anyone out there can help then please let me know. The alternative is that I can do some CAD files using the drawings in the Spares List for general layout and get the plates either water jetted or laser cut out of solid 10 mm thick ali plate. Those processes are now cheap but the more which are made the cheaper each set will be. I am happy to do the CAD drawings for free if all else fails so is there anyone out there who might be interested in copies of the original if I go down that route? We will also need some of the original series 'B' gearchange link parts to make up the gear change linkage. Anyone got any of those lying about in their bits and pieces box?

Norman Walker

Vic Youel

Non-VOC Member
Drawings Project

Norman,

Possibly a drawing already exists; have you checked with the VOC drawings manager to see whether there is a new one or, indeed, an old one in the archives which he stores?

Cheers

Vic

clevtrev

VOC Member
Norman,

Possibly a drawing already exists; have you checked with the VOC drawings manager to see whether there is a new one or, indeed, an old one in the archives which he stores?

Cheers

Vic
Why not just simply look in the back numbers of MPH.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Thanks for the suggestions chaps. I tried using Martin Warr's MPH index and found lots of pictures of Lightnings but no technical drawings. Next I will try Arthur Farrow or Neville Higgins and see if they have anything on these lines. Otherwise its back to the PC and being creative with CAD.

Cheers

clevtrev

VOC Member
Thanks for the suggestions chaps. I tried using Martin Warr's MPH index and found lots of pictures of Lightnings but no technical drawings. Next I will try Arthur Farrow or Neville Higgins and see if they have anything on these lines. Otherwise its back to the PC and being creative with CAD.

Cheers
I did not say look in Martin Warrs index, I said look in MPH.

Try 549 and 550.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Very good Clevtrev and very useful. Perhaps you are as clever as people say. Now if only you will let me have that crankcase you have owed me for nearly nine years perhaps we can be friends again. :eek:

fgth130

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Last I heard, Glenn Bewley in the USA had some sets (L & R) of these. You could try him.

Frank Griffn

timetraveller

VOC Member
Black Lightning Footrest plates to be made

Hello Folks. Following the earlier correspondence I am now having eight sets of Black Lightning footrest made. These will be CNC milled out of ali plate to the drawings in MPH done by Frank Griffin and Eddie Stevens. Five sets of these will be going into stock with the Spares Company for sale to interested parties. It is assumed that this will be enough. If there is a whole load of you out there, trembling with unrequited lust for these items, then let me know and a larger number could be made. Otherwise they are likely to rejoin the unobtainium club. :)