Black Lightning # 7305

Oldhaven

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Someone should acknowledge the photographer of the Flash in post 8, if it was not Nicolas. That is one of the best detail shots I have seen, great photo angle, and not done in a studio.

davidd

VOC Member
https://amcn.com.au/editorial/24728/

This link has a less than factual history of the bike, but I thought the more interesting item was the photo of Jack Ehret's 1947 Rapide, F10AB/1/851. The photo is quite interesting:

Ehret-racing-Series-B-Rapide-chassis-no-F10AB1851-in-1947.jpg

Lightning carbs and low sholder rear racing rim. I love the stacks!

David

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
https://amcn.com.au/editorial/24728/

This link has a less than factual history of the bike, but I thought the more interesting item was the photo of Jack Ehret's 1947 Rapide, F10AB/1/851. The photo is quite interesting:

View attachment 19255

Lightning carbs and low sholder rear racing rim. I love the stacks!

David
Are you sure the photo is the Ehret bike? Compare it to the photo's of "the same bike" on the Bonhams site.

greg brillus

VOC Member
That bike looks like its had more hits than Elvis................. I've never seen rear spring boxes put on backwards before...........And it looks like the upper links are missing from the forks...........The air filters look like old aerosol cans that have been run over by a truck.............And the rear brake lever looks like something you stab at with your left foot in a blind panic.................Apart from that, it looks like a Vincent owners.......Frankenstein's Monster......................:)...................What a Cracker.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Yes I don't think Mr Ehret was very kind to his machinery..........Looking back on it, I would say some of these owners would not have been too proud of them selves. But then, some don't know how to look after anything.