Where Are You Now? Black Knight vrm: SCR 312

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
SCR .jpg

This photo was taken at the 1972 Bass Lake Rally in the USA
Can anyone identify the guy stood next to the Black Knight SCR 312 or tell me who owned it then or since?
The last owner to notify the VOC was a G Little in 1968, in the UK
Thanks
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher
email: research998@voc.uk.com

Last edited:

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
John was pulled in to the conversation Bill and I were having. Ted is still a member of our section, but I don’t have an email address for him. I am checking to see if Bill has a phone number. I would like to speak with Ted directly to verify, and also ask Ted who he sold the bike to.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
John was pulled in to the conversation Bill and I were having. Ted is still a member of our section, but I don’t have an email address for him. I am checking to see if Bill has a phone number. I would like to speak with Ted directly to verify, and also ask Ted who he sold the bike to.
That would be great and I could update the VOC machine database. We have a lot of gaps for bikes in America as very few updated the VOC with their bikes details.
Thanks
Jon Lambley

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Spoke with Ted, he did own a Black Knight back then, but he does not recall the SCR 312 reg. He bought the Knight from another SoCal section member named Norm Ables. Norm passed away years ago, but his widow is still in contact with the section. Ted sold the Knight to someone in the San Francisco area, but Ted does not recall a name.

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Spoke with Ted, he did own a Black Knight back then, but he does not recall the SCR 312 reg. He bought the Knight from another SoCal section member named Norm Ables. Norm passed away years ago, but his widow is still in contact with the section. Ted sold the Knight to someone in the San Francisco area, but Ted does not recall a name.
Thanks for that, maybe if he saw the photo it would help or maybe Norm's wife might know more.
Thanks
Jon