Bill Norton's Long Walk

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Trev, he has the Robinsons with him to act as translators and bodyguards. As long as he doesn't wear the wrong shade of red he will survive.

A_HRD

VOC Member
Bill made it to just north of Gloucester today and bowled in to the VOC Severn Rally to tumultuous applause and just in time for the BBQ in the rain. We removed the sides from the marquee and dragged the BBQs inside, but the Officer In Charge of Fried Onions was made to cook 'em outside - because of the pong. Bill was in good spirits and looking forward to his day off (Sunday) at the Rally. Having nothing to do, he'll probably go for a walk... Then Monday morning he'll be taken back to Gloucester for another 30 mile jaunt which should put him near Bristol by Monday night. With the help of Andy Everett and Ann Kirker, a large amount of dosh was raised from the assembled throng on behalf of Bill's nominated charity. Bob Wooldridge and Peter & Mandy Barker will be helping Bill with the next phase of his epic walk....

Peter B
Bristol, UK

Tim Kirker

VOC Member
Peter B has given an update on Bill's progress, but I'll just add that there's a series of photos elsewhere on the forum - no doubt Graham can show the quickest way to find them much more easily than I can. Total funds raised are close to £5000 so far (mostly from Bill's efforts in the US). If you haven't made a contribution please do, and ask your fellow section members to do so. Cheques should be payable to "Brainwave" and sent to Rod Farr, Trostan, East Street, Chulmleigh, Devon, EX18 7DD, UK. Meanwhile, many thanks to the members who have helped so far, especially Phil & Barbara Robinson.

Tim Kirker

Rodders

Non-VOC Member
Just to let you all know, Bill Norton completed his historic walk from John O Groats to Lands End at 3.00pm today 11th May, that's the best part of 900 miles in 30 days. An incredible feat I'm sure you'll agree, a fuller account of this epic journey will I'm certain, appear in MPH, but in the meantime, let's all applaud Bill. So, the next time you meet him, shake his hand and buy him a pint, he's deserved it.
Rod Farr.