Bill Easter In Accident?

CarlHungness

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I sent Bill Easter one of my books and got a cryptic note back that says he is not in
great shape has been in an accident. Anyone know how he is and what happened. He did
not elaborate if it was a bike accident or not.

G

Graham Smith

Going home from the last Southern California Section Meeting in Ventura, Honorary Member Bill Easter went down on his Comet leaving Pacific Coast Highway going east-bound through the tunnel entering the 10 Freeway.

Bill was taken to UCLA Medical Center with broken ribs and other items, and spent two nights there and was released and is now at home resting.

We all wish Bill well and expect a full quick recovery.

CarlHungness

VOC Member
Thanks so much for letting us know..I didn't realize he had a Comet as I've only ever seen his much ridden twin. The broken ribs are painful of course but it sounds as though he will fully recover.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
We talked to Bill on Skype this evening. He's sore, but sounded in good spirits. He said he was riding home about 8pm in horrendous traffic and the next thing he knew was waking up in the Hospital. All the damage was on his and the Comet's right side and he thinks a car must have hit him. Right collar bone and ribs broken on Bill. Bent right side handlebars, broken shift lever and scrapped up panniers. . Linda, his renter, is looking after him and Doris comes around and cooks him supper.
Cheers,
John

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Bill my handsome as Colin says old guys like yourself shouldn't fall off bikes and no doubt you were filtering like you did when I was with you and was certainly glad to get back to your place but at the time I thought you were a little quick and was thankful for Old Harry's performance.