Bike shuttle - Italian rally

davidjoyner

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just thought I'd give my impressions here. Very very good service. You drop you bike off with them at their depot near Northampton they put it with panniers et. al on a special pallet and whisk it onto a very swish lorry that you would expect to see in the Moto GP paddock and away it all goes same day to Geneva. You follow that aft. or in my case, first flight out of Luton next morning. Your kit goes in a big swanky suitcase affair and it all travels together. The whole lot arrives next day in Geneva about 10 in the morning - in the rear car park of a local new hotel 20 mins from the airport. We were on the road 30 minutes after off loading. All UK staff and they knew their stuff.
On my return I left the bike in a secure underground car park as I had to leave before everyone else. A few days later picked the bike up at their depot and rode home.
Also very nice to meet about 4 other Vincents and their riders on the way out - my memory is as bad as it ever was but It was really nice to meet Tim and Anne Kirker , Christine, Paul,Graham and Alison and someone else!.
The Italian was my first rally proper that I've been to - bloody great - hats off to our hosts and all involved. Wait for it - my clutch actuator arm broke in the middle of nowhere - well northern Italy - on a lonely Sat afternoon and a local lad we met in the bar welded it up, but on my arrival lakeside the VOC spares club had one on site!! THATS an organised service.
Hmm its drying up so time to test the cranked brake lever - in readiness for a run up to the sizzling sausage Sunday morning

Diogenes

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just thought I'd give my impressions here. Very very good service. You drop you bike off with them at their depot near Northampton they put it with panniers et. al on a special pallet and whisk it onto a very swish lorry that you would expect to see in the Moto GP paddock and away it all goes same day to Geneva. You follow that aft. or in my case, first flight out of Luton next morning. Your kit goes in a big swanky suitcase affair and it all travels together. The whole lot arrives next day in Geneva about 10 in the morning - in the rear car park of a local new hotel 20 mins from the airport. We were on the road 30 minutes after off loading. All UK staff and they knew their stuff.
On my return I left the bike in a secure underground car park as I had to leave before everyone else. A few days later picked the bike up at their depot and rode home.
Also very nice to meet about 4 other Vincents and their riders on the way out - my memory is as bad as it ever was but It was really nice to meet Tim and Anne Kirker , Christine, Paul,Graham and Alison and someone else!.
The Italian was my first rally proper that I've been to - bloody great - hats off to our hosts and all involved. Wait for it - my clutch actuator arm broke in the middle of nowhere - well northern Italy - on a lonely Sat afternoon and a local lad we met in the bar welded it up, but on my arrival lakeside the VOC spares club had one on site!! THATS an organised service.
Hmm its drying up so time to test the cranked brake lever - in readiness for a run up to the sizzling sausage Sunday morning

I have some motor cycling articles written in Italian, which I would like to see translated into English - adequate translation rather than perfection.
Should be of interest to others.
A sample is attached - if I can get it to work.

Any volunteers?

Attachments

• 1571_001.pdf
    337.1 KB · Views: 23