Bike "NRO 365"

Shanghai

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I recently purchased a 1952 Rapide and I was wondering if anyone can help me with finding some of its history.
I know from the VOC that it was originally delivered to Newcastle (UK).
At some stage in its life it was "transported" to Melbourne (Victoria Australia) and I purchased it in country NSW.
It still wears a registration plate "NRO 365" which to me appears to me to be a UK rather than a NSW or Victorian registration plate.
Does anyone know any history of NRO 365?
Thanks in advance

G

Graham Smith

Who in the VOC told you about Newcastle? Was it Vince Farrell?

If not, you might want to get hold of him, as he's our machine researcher, and has a huge amount of history on most Vincent machines.

If you want Vince's contact details, just send me a
PM or email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albervin

VOC Member
I thought NRO365 was a Hertfordshire number. So were the bikes registered in Stevenage then sent to the new owner? It has been a long time since I lived there so I forget the system.

GBewley

VOC Member
Actually, Gordon Powell is the official Machine Registrar. Vince is the assistant MR, although an invaluable club asset...

G

Graham Smith

Actually, Gordon Powell is the official Machine Registrar. Vince is the assistant MR, although an invaluable club asset...

I didn't say that Vince was the Machine Registrar - I said he was the Club's Machine Researcher.

Gordon Powell - Machine Registrar;
Vince Farrell - Machine Researcher and Asset Researcher.