Bike magazine looking for black shadow

MikeBikeMag

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Bike Magazine is looking for a Vincent Black Shadow to be included in a forthcoming issue.

We'll need the bike at a private test facility on Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 May, where it will be used for static and action photography. Riding will be sedate and in controlled conditions by professional testers, and over minimal miles – we imagine no more than 50. Obviously we're insured up to the eyeballs. We're able to collect the bike by van, or the owner is more than welcome to come along to the event with the bike – all expenses will be covered, and we'll be able to supply high resolution images from the shoot by one of the UK's leading motorcycle photographers, plus copies of the magazine when it is published.

If anyone can help, please contact Mike Armitage on 01733 468031 or mike.armitage@bauermedia.co.uk

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Try Paul Adams - Information Officer

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you use the Club Website link, go to contacts and search out the Club Information Officer, Paul Adams, he maintains a list of members who may be interested in helping out with requests of this nature. Recently Top Gear borrowed a Shadow and put quite a few miles on it, if you search the Forum threads for it you'll find a photo posted with Richard Hammond et Al.

Of course, on top of that route you may well be successful with your search through this Forum posting.

If I can help with anything, old literature, copies of advertising materials, original paperwork, my own C Rapide (polished cases) for photo's, a natter over the telephone or anything else at all please don't hesitate to get in touch. Simply reply to this posting and I'll give you a call.

Very willing to assist in any and every way I can to promote the marque and also the VOC itself.

Best of luck

Stuart Metcalfe

Bike Magazine is looking for a Vincent Black Shadow to be included in a forthcoming issue.

We'll need the bike at a private test facility on Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 May, where it will be used for static and action photography. Riding will be sedate and in controlled conditions by professional testers, and over minimal miles – we imagine no more than 50. Obviously we're insured up to the eyeballs. We're able to collect the bike by van, or the owner is more than welcome to come along to the event with the bike – all expenses will be covered, and we'll be able to supply high resolution images from the shoot by one of the UK's leading motorcycle photographers, plus copies of the magazine when it is published.

If anyone can help, please contact Mike Armitage on 01733 468031 or mike.armitage@bauermedia.co.uk

Many thanks!