BIke Has Arrived

Steve Morris

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi all,

My bike has arrived and is now in my possession. So, question is, how do i record the bike as now being mine?

Also, has anyone got any advice reference insurance? I have a multi bike insurance policy at the moment and will speak to them but am not sure how it will go?

Best regards,

Steve.

nkt267

VOC Member
Hi all,

My bike has arrived and is now in my possession. So, question is, how do i record the bike as now being mine?

Also, has anyone got any advice reference insurance? I have a multi bike insurance policy at the moment and will speak to them but am not sure how it will go?

Best regards,

Steve.
https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle
You can do it here and sorn it at the same time if you have to

Steve Morris

VOC Member
Also, the previous owner gave me an Altette horn (which the bike didn't have) that wasn't working. A couple of hours stripping/cleaning/adjusting and it now a quite pretty 'working' horn!

Before.....

IMG_4630 (1).jpg

IMG_4631 (1).jpg
IMG_4634 (1).jpg
IMG_4635 (1).jpg
IMG_4637 (1).jpg

Stripped...

IMG_4638 (1).jpg

Tested OK!!!

IMG_4640 (1).jpg

Clean up time....

IMG_4642 (1).jpg

That looks better, just painting the centre bezel and polishing the brass nut to do tomorrow.

IMG_4643 (1).jpg
IMG_4644 (1).jpg

And it works....

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
If that is the alloy bezel, which to me is preferable, I think it is for a 1949 model. At least that is what Taff the horn told me many years ago when he supplied me with one. If I am correct you could always replace the bezel with a new, or old, chrome one, if you want 100% originality.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
You can buy the correct acorn nuts from Taff or make them yourself from 3/8" hex brass stock. 4 x 1 B.A. threaded and the two mounting ones are 1/4" B.S.F. Good old Lucas. Some other acorn nuts sold are for later horns or are just wrong.