• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Scam? Beware of Misleading Listing

peter holmes

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I am surprised the vendor has been allowed to keep this listing, although not particularly confusing to a prospective bidder, I guess it could catch out the unwary, but I think the objective is not to sell a used Vincent barrel (which lets face it is worth very little) for an extortionate price, I think it is an attempt to sell a Vincent engine using eBay as a medium without paying eBay charges by hoping to deal direct with a purchaser, as I say, eBay normally jump on this sort of thing pretty quickly, threatening to cancel your account etc. you are not normally allowed to advertise email addresses or phone number, people sometimes get round this by including the the details in a photograph and the eBay systems don't seem to pick this up.

atomiclama

Website User
VOC Member
I am surprised the vendor has been allowed to keep this listing, although not particularly confusing to a prospective bidder, I guess it could catch out the unwary, but I think the objective is not to sell a used Vincent barrel (which lets face it is worth very little) for an extortionate price, I think it is an attempt to sell a Vincent engine using eBay as a medium without paying eBay charges by hoping to deal direct with a purchaser, as I say, eBay normally jump on this sort of thing pretty quickly, threatening to cancel your account etc. you are not normally allowed to advertise email addresses or phone number, people sometimes get round this by including the the details in a photograph and the eBay systems don't seem to pick this up.
Yeah agree, that's how I read it as well.

Trickymicky

Active Website User
VOC Member
The listing now has a picture added, with text explaining what is and what is not offered in the auction. Seems to be a rather complicated way of circumventing the system to me.

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
Any opinions on the following ebay listing? There's no mention of the RFM numbers. And the tank seems to have been crudely repainted. I'm sure there's loads of other questionable stuff. Still, it's an intriguing bike.

Whiteshadow15

VOC Member
I absolutely love it, there is not a great picture of the RFM number but you can make it out in the one photo if you squint.

Alyson

Website User
VOC Member
Any opinions on the following ebay listing? There's no mention of the RFM numbers. And the tank seems to have been crudely repainted. I'm sure there's loads of other questionable stuff. Still, it's an intriguing bike.

I'm watching that one too !