• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Bearings

peter holmes

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Just about to fit a nice new Michelin Pilot Active tyre to the rear wheel of my D Comet, thought I would check the wheel bearings and brake linings whilst the wheel is out, all OK sort of, but I note one bearing has been running a little dry and there are signs of discolouration due to rust, first time I have gone in this deep since purchasing the bike, I also notice that the bearing cups (narrow) are both spinning beautifully in the hubs, but without any perceptible play, almost feels like a perfect bearing, but I guess it would be very unwise to leave it like this, any suggestions on the best grade of Loctite to use for this problem, or is this route not advisable, I will be reluctant to break the wheel down to fit a new hub if it is not necessary.

davidd

VOC Member
I have never used Loctite 660 Quick Metal, but I think it may be too viscous for a slip fit. I think you need to select by clearance. I have 638, so I would be inclined to use it.

Retaining.PNG

David

peter holmes

VOC Member
As you know Vincent, I am still on Standard brakes at the moment, still saving my Euro cents until I can afford a set of your fantastic TLS brakes with air scoops, at the moment I can only dream, but one day......

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
I did the quick metal"repair" back in the seventies it has been raced for 30 years and still good. Best of all the material was a gift.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
As you know Vincent, I am still on Standard brakes at the moment, still saving my Euro cents until I can afford a set of your fantastic TLS brakes with air scoops, at the moment I can only dream, but one day......
was it me and bloody big Johannes H. at the dance floor causing Sue to fall? than i have to make up....

Latest Forum Posts

Latest Forum Threads