BBC2's Hairy Bakers

pifinch

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Looks good,Just watched it at work, so no sound, but the camera seems to linger, will watch & listen tonight.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
I always knew its an Island, but then not even letting an video to go over the pond looks a little redicilous. As we, over here in euroland won't get any pic's

so explain whats in the pictures??

pifinch

Non-VOC Member
two fat chefs on bikes take a break & go to a small bike museum, heap praise on a Vin & then ride two rough inferiors to Chatsworth. (BIG House)

wld50

Non-VOC Member
stills

Presumably as it's possible to grab stills from the video, it would be legal to send those abroad?

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Hairy bakers

This is a follow-up series. The original series of programs was called "The Hairy Bikers": two personable guys with beards, who like bikes and good food, and are competent cooks.
Interesting, because Two Fat Ladies also had a bikie theme. Although they used a Triumph outfit in the programs, Jennifer Paterson, the "team lead" owned and used a Honda Cub to get around London where she lived and worked as an itinerant cook (for private dinner parties) and cookery writer.
I make an appearance in one of the programs. I'm on screen, on a Sunbeam S7, for about 0.2 seconds...... If everyone is to be famous for 15 minutes, I'm still owed 14 minutes 59.8 seconds of fame.
Interesting that the "Two Fat Laddies" comment on the Rapide wasn't confined only to the irrelevant (to most riders) nominal top speed of the device, but that it was RELIABLE. So evidently they're both old enough to remember when bikes weren't.
Must be an age thing, thinking reliability is more important than top speed.....

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
There's a Shadow in this tale...

I remember reading somewhere that one of the Hairy Bikers had a relation (uncle from memory) that had a Black Shadow and it was promised to be left to him in the will. When the old chap died there was no sign of the bike and no-one ever knew what happened to it. You'd have thought he would have known the reg. number and trackled it down - I know I would have....

Stuart

This is a follow-up series. The original series of programs was called "The Hairy Bikers": two personable guys with beards, who like bikes and good food, and are competent cooks.
Interesting, because Two Fat Ladies also had a bikie theme. Although they used a Triumph outfit in the programs, Jennifer Paterson, the "team lead" owned and used a Honda Cub to get around London where she lived and worked as an itinerant cook (for private dinner parties) and cookery writer.
I make an appearance in one of the programs. I'm on screen, on a Sunbeam S7, for about 0.2 seconds...... If everyone is to be famous for 15 minutes, I'm still owed 14 minutes 59.8 seconds of fame.
Interesting that the "Two Fat Laddies" comment on the Rapide wasn't confined only to the irrelevant (to most riders) nominal top speed of the device, but that it was RELIABLE. So evidently they're both old enough to remember when bikes weren't.
Must be an age thing, thinking reliability is more important than top speed.....

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Missing Shadow

I'd still be looking..............

Thanks for your help. I wouldn't have managed on my own. I need to rethink loading the Vincent, it's just too much of a rise in one go for something as heavy. Two ramps would do it, with a solid support a foot high for the end of one ramp and the start of the other.

See you in October. Look forward to seeing the Venom. Meantime, if anyone asks you if you know who wants a 1920's Sunbeam single in running order, give them my name and cellphone number.........

I remember reading somewhere that one of the Hairy Bikers had a relation (uncle from memory) that had a Black Shadow and it was promised to be left to him in the will. When the old chap died there was no sign of the bike and no-one ever knew what happened to it. You'd have thought he would have known the reg. number and trackled it down - I know I would have....

Stuart

nkt267

VOC Member
Presumably as it's possible to grab stills from the video
I downloaded the program but you can't grab bits of it to put into a format to post it on the forum.You can put it on a DVD,BUT the BBC have it copyright protected so that it can only be played on a computer registered in the UK,AND it is TIME restricted for 7 days from date of download as well.John