BBC Nudge Unit

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Today I heard a term not used for months and months then I remembered we are in a minor heat wave so today the BBC says "Global Warming" any normal UK weather day they call it "Climate Change"
I am old enough to remember when the BBC gave out the unvarnished news "Here is the news, and this is Alvar Lidell reading it".

timetraveller

VOC Member
The question is 'do you think that we do not have global warming'? If not then explain the rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide. If you want to worry about 'nudge' then note now often we have been told how much better for the planet it would be if we gave up eating meat and instead resorted to eating insects. This has been insidiously fed into the media over, at least, the last four years. I am not in any way looking down upon those cultures which do have to eat insects to get protein but which would you prefer?

vibrac

VOC Member
Its not if I believe Global warming its the way the media twist news and adverts I would love to know the mechanism that makes sure only men are now shown mopping floors, push bikes appear in every advert cars (mostly electric) must never show anything pertaining to speed or power. We never see a car at speed but happily show someone gyrating to onboard stereo while driving. and the other social engineering nudges that are obvious.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
It would be very hard to argue that the planet we live on would not be a whole lot better if there were less or preferably no pollution, how we ever achieve that is hard to fathom, but it is the hypocrisy that makes me laugh, there was a good example last week at the G7 with all the green lobby protesters blocking up the harbour on their plastic paddle boards and in their plastic canoes, I doubt they could even comprehend the irony of their actions.

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
Or making electric cars when petrol can be made out of sunlight and the very CO2 they are worried about

timetraveller

VOC Member
It got warmer. There have been lots of Ice Ages. it is thought by many that the cause is the Milankovitch Cycles.
What Are the 3 Milankovitch Cycles?

1. Orbital eccentricity. Earth revolves around the sun in a roughly circular orbit. But roughly every 100,000 years, its orbit becomes more eccentric.
  2. Obliquity variation. The next piece of the puzzle is obliquity. Right now, Earth’s obliquity is 23.5°. ...
  3. Axial precession. Axial precession is the movement of the rotational axis of Earth. ...
There is a lot of reading to do if you want to know more.