• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Misc: Charging Systems Battery Discharging

big ben

Website User
VOC Member
I have a series C Comet, the battery is going flat even when switched off, I’ve taken a battery lead off and put an ameter in, with the switch off it is showing a discharge of 0.2 amps. If I pull the plug (single wire) that plugs in the back of the dynamo out, the ameter goes to 0.00. It is 6 volt + earth, Miller dynamo, I replaced the regulator years ago with a little black solid stat thing that people used to use, forget what it was called think it was 2 or 3 letters, K something? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I think you are talking about a "Ktec" regulator. They were excellent for a while but mostly didn't last overly long before problems arose....
Peter B

stu spalding

VOC Member
I used a Ktek regulator on my Fiat dynamo and it lasted a few years before it went pop. Ithought "That's OK, I can live with that", and fitted another one. It lasted a few minutes! Cheers, Stu.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I use one of these to disconnect my battery, but, unlike a switch, if you forget to connect it after starting the bike, it is harder to take care off without having to shut down and restart in front of an adoring crowd.

big ben

Website User
VOC Member
Thanks for all your advice, great help, any recommendations on which regulator to use? It’s a positive earth 6 volt miller.

Latest Forum Threads