Battery Carrier on twin

Ducvelo

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Trying to assemble the battery carrier and I find the tube is c.0.020" too long - would only fit between the engine/pivot plates with the aid of hammer! Is the carrier designed to be a sliding fit, and then tightened with the two E80 nuts so it acts as a brace for the pivot plates? Would value getting advice from someone who have done this before, before I take the file to it?
Thanks, Malcolm

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
G'day Malcolm,
Aaaaarrrgh,:) don't take a hammer to it. The tube should just neatly slide down between The G50 and the FT5. If it doesn't rub some off with a file. Make sure that you trim the end square to the axis. Once you can slide it in adjust the two E80 thin nuts up snuggly against the G50 and lock the two nuts together.

Phelps.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Malcolm, If it's too tight or too loose it could mess up your gear change, As the engine gets hot ! Cheers Bill.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Watch that the G50 plate is not bent in causing the tightness. I have seen that on a recent build I have done. Mind you there were parts from 100 different bikes, and not one bit with known history!

Ducvelo

VOC Member
Thanks, that explains it. I think G50 plate is bentin a bit at the entry point for putting the carrier in causing the tightness, but I've filed a bit off the battery carrier tube so it now fits in well and I can take up the slack with the nuts. Good to get your input.