• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Basket case

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Don’t know if it would be a factor of 5. Wouldn’t be interested at pretty much any amount without spending a day alone with it and a box full of micrometers etc. (and a note from Simon). I started with a similar pile and I think I spent very close to that amount on parts. Only items I sent out were the speedo, mag, and cylinder boring, so not much labour included in that amount.
That fellow seems to have a habit of throwing a price at the wall and then very slowly lowering it. I think his alloy brake plates have been listed about 30 times... lowering the price $5 each time, so he’s not in a rush.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I don't think I would drill the headstock like that ?, They have been found to be a bit weak standard.

Whiteshadow15

VOC Member
Same guy had a couple others. That block claims to have sold for 2k but something seems really fishy and it’s no good for anything other than a paperweight. 42k for the shadow lot seems on the high end as well, eBay has a way of having things “sell” but not actually selling from what I’ve observed.

Albervin

VOC Member
If it really is number 260 shouldn't it have a varicose vein timing cover? Seller says all covers are number matching but can't see a number inside the timing cover.Chromed forks?? That steering head looks deadly and wouldn't hold the grease in.

davidd

VOC Member
I don't think I would drill the headstock like that ?, They have been found to be a bit weak standard.
The FT1/1 and the FT1/2 and /3 are much thicker than the FT1/4. The FT1/4 is only 0 .125" thick where it is drilled. The Grey Flash was nicely designed with smaller holes that were grouped so they could be covered by a single aluminum plate. The plate kept out water and debris.

David

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Just saying, Not for me, And I have been known to drill a few holes,
The photo in my mind is Paul Packman's, West London, It peeled like a Banana, When he hit something.

vibrac

VOC Member
Another day dreamer with a stash of dissasociated parts if he knew what they were he could sell them separately

vibrac

VOC Member
Looking at that ebay advert I like this guy

taxd.jpg

Talk about having hope in the face of overwhelming opposition...

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Looking at that ebay advert I like this guy

View attachment 31559

Talk about having hope in the face of overwhelming opposition...
What planet is this person living on? I guess there is a mug somewhere who will be interested, perhaps someone from the same planet that the seller lives on. ;)

peter holmes

VOC Member
Just saying, Not for me, And I have been known to drill a few holes,
The photo in my mind is Paul Packman's, West London, It peeled like a Banana, When he hit something.
I know Paul has had a few big ones in his time, but he is/was a fairly spirited rider, he invited me to join him for a ride down to the West Bay meet a few years ago, with a stop off at Lily Langtry in Stockbridge, Roger Stretch also joined us I seem to remember, Roger wrung the neck of his Parkin Comet to keep up with us boys on twins, Paul seemed utterly and completely devoid of any understanding of what double white lines were intended for, all very entertaining for us, not so sure about oncoming traffic, but I am surprised that Paul drilled something to the point of significantly weakening it, he is a very good engineer, mind you I have totally trashed a headstock that was in unmolested condition, and you don't have to be going that fast, 40mph will do it, and throw you over the roof of a car in the process.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
What I was saying is a standard one like Paul's split, So I would not make them any weaker.
That's funny about Paul, I rode with him to Curborough, And the only way I could get passed him,
Was in traffic !!, I had just fitted a Goldie Silencer, Which had a very small hole in the middle, And it just eight stroked above a 100 mph.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Would not think so, Paul is a very clever man, Was in the Bike factory for years, And likes to take every thing apart, Always trying to improve things.

vibrac

VOC Member
That picture was in the Feb edition of 1995 MPH* in his piece on his TLS brake he designed and built ( its in the archives)

*Nearly 25 years ago (dont ask me how I know) :)

davidd

VOC Member
Had that bike suffered a head on impact previously & been repaired without anyone noticing damage to the headstock?
Roy,

The bike was fine before it went into the mudbank. The front wheel stopped when it hit the engine and the blades bent at the narrow waist just below the top spindle. The headstock is not designed to be wildly strong. I am not certain that any of these components were designed to be a frangible link, but as I mentioned before, the wall thickness on the headstock between the steering head bearings if very thin. On the FT1/4 it is 1/8". It looks thicker on Paul's FT1/2.

David

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?