Barrie Howell

Edwin Saxton

Forum User
Non-VOC Member

Saxton

Richard Vanderwell has just (24th April) told me that Barrie Howell,
one of our dearest old friends and companions has passed away after a long
illness bravely suffered.

Barrie was a cornerstone of the Coventry Section in the sixties.
I'm sure we will all miss him.

Eddie

mercurycrest

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
barrie 1 001.jpgbarrie2 001.jpgbarrie4 001.jpgbarrie3 001.jpg

We'll miss you, Buddy............

Big Sid

Non-VOC Member
I knew Barrie since way back , often together at the big Rallies . Marvelous fellow . He will be missed . Sid .

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
And everyone around Barrie had fun too.

From Iowa, 1983, John Ulver and Barrie.

08BarryHowell.jpg

Last edited:

mercurycrest

VOC Member
And everyone around Barrie had fun too.

From Iowa, 1983, John Ulver and Barrie.

I'm not certain, but this may have been when Barrie informed me he had discovered an " Old Alberta Dealer" with an "Unsold Black Shadow!" Barrie said he had made a silly offer and bought it! So, where is it I asked? "I have Her here and She turns and stops and goes like you can't imagine". "Let's see her say's I." Five minutes later Barrie shows up with a Border Collie Bitch on a red leash! You can guess Her name.... Typical Barrie!:rolleyes:
Cheers, John

Last edited by a moderator:

A_HRD

VOC Member
And Bill Easter in silhouette, the Comet looks to be Bill Lehmanns. Good old Portsmouth registration. Don`t know how it got to Oklahoma though.

It is likely still around because, according to my little notebook, this Comet was in an auction in the USA in December 2007 - still bearing the same Reg No.

So sad about Barrie though. Anyone wanting to know about Barrie's Vincent exploits, read the series of articles in MPH that he wrote years ago(?) (- sorry, haven't got my MPHs here with me at the moment) where he wrote of thrilling daring-do on his round-the-world trip.....

Peter B
Bristol, UK.