Barbour International jacket was adopted as the official uniform of the VOC in '53???

Spqreddie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
From the Barbour Website: http://www.barbour.com/all-about-wax
Click on 1953 and see,
Is this ture???
Edmondo

1953 - International Jacket

ISDT%20winning%20team%20%26%20international%20jacket%20-%201953.jpg

The International jacket was adopted as the official uniform of the Vincent Owners Club. Vincent were known as the “makers of the world’s fastest standard motorcycles” and to mark this tie up between the two businesses, the International was produced in a black wax cotton with gold snaps. Black and gold were the iconic colours of the Vincent Owners Club.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I actually walked by a shop the other day with a sign in the window mentioning their re-waxing service.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Although the Barbour suit was associated with Vincent riders, Belstaff used a photo of someone seated on a Black Shadow to promote their clothing in the motorcycle press. Oddly, this was sometime after Vincent production had ended.

Spqreddie

VOC Member
Those with 1953 MPHs could look to see if this official uniform was mentioned.

Indeed, it would be really interesting to know if there is any official reference, if it was a formal Club deicsion or just a moment trend/habit to use those jackes.
or if otherwise it was Barbour to use the Vincent name to adverts their products!

By reading David Bowen post, may be the Barbour website editor made a mistake mentiong the Club instead of the factory?
David you meant that the Vincent Company bought items on its name from Barbour? may be the story comes from here, if Barbour has still some old purchese order may be they base this statement on this.. who knows..

Any way my problem is that my International is black yes, but with black snaps and not gold! Now, change jacket or change bike!??;-)

Quote:
"and to mark this tie up between the two businesses, the International was produced in a black wax cotton with gold snaps. Black and gold were the iconic colours of the Vincent Owners Club"
End Quote